This is a journal club for the research group of Statistical and Biological Physics (aka Complex Systems) at Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica. Everyone interested in this field of research is welcome to participate and contribute. You can sign up as a speaker to talk about recent literature topics or showcase your own work. The talks are not expected to be formal or polished. Interaction and discussions with audience are encouraged through out the talk. You are also welcome to suggest any candidate speakers or interesting topics for a future talk.
In a recent paper, Reis et al describe a way to characterize the interconnection between multiple networks and how the resulting super networks can be optimized for stability under attacks. They also apply the characterization to inferred brain functional networks from EEG data and show that they are optimized for immunity to cascade failure.
Group meeting brief: July 17, 2014
CKC gave an overview of the objectives of our neural projects:
- How to grow a neuronal network (circuit)
- Nonlinear Properties of (small scale) networks
- Relation between structures and functions of networks (dynamics)
- Mechanism of Short term Memory (data read/write)
- Coding and processing of information in retina (psycho-physical → physiological → biophysical)
- Neuroprosthetic retina
* Please login to see his talk slides below.
Group meeting brief: June 24, 2014